For the purpose of this Policy, "Information" means individually identifiable information about an individual user collected by the operator from that individual and maintained by the operator in an accessible form. This includes Information you provide or generated when you use:
- our app Focus Calendar; and
- website focuscal.com (collectively, “Services”)
Before using the Services or submitting any Information to us, please review this Policy carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
What this policy covers?
This policy is intended to help you understand:
- Scope and Google user data
- Do we collect sensitive information and information from children?
- What information we collect about you?
- How we use your personal information?
- Who we share your personal information with?
- Where we store your information?
- How long we store your information?
- How is your personal information secured?
- What are your privacy rights?
- visitors and users of the Services;
- if you choose to share and collaborate on a task with your co-workers or friends, we will collect name and email address of your co-workers or friends.
Do we collect sensitive information and information from children?
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you do not send us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, trade union membership).
As a company focused on serving the needs of business users, Focus Calendar's sites and App are not directed to minors.
Our Services are not targeted at children, and we do not knowingly collect Information from children under the age of 18. If you learn that a child has provided us with Information in violation of this Policy, please contact us as indicated below.
Google user data
Focus Calendar is able to integrate with the user's Gmail account to let users send emails via Gmail API. The service integrates into Gmail and needs to connect with your Google account.
The only information we store is the email address of the Gmail account you have connected to our service, tokens (access and refresh) and information about the users calendar (for example, events, emails of event participations, we store only in the local database on the user (in IndexedDB)).
We do not store incoming emails from your Gmail account. We do not access your sent emails through your Gmail account.
We delete all data collected from your Gmail account upon request.
Services will show a user's Google calendar data on the scheduling screen of Services, so that users can manage their schedules through Services and sync the changes with their Google calendar.
Focus Calendar use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
What information we collect about you?
We will collect and use the following Information about you:
Information you provide to us
- Registration information: for example, when you create an account on the website or app Focus Calendar, you will be asked to provide your first and last name, email.
- Tokens (access and refresh): (a) for authorization and subsequent creation of events on behalf of the user on the backend (b) on the backend we store the refresh token to update the access token.
- Information about the users calendar (for example, events, emails of event participations, we store only in the local database on the user (in IndexedDB)).
- Information collected via voluntary activities:for example, when you communicate with us via email, or participate in surveys, we ask you to provide your email address and any Information you choose to provide to allow us to assist you.The Information we collect from you varies depending on the survey, but we typically ask you questions about your interests, your opinion about different products and services and what you‘d like to be offered in the future. We also collect your opinions, preferences, questions, and responses associated with that survey.
Information we automatically collect or is generated about you when use the Services
- Identifiers, such as your unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser; IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location; time zone; information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system.
- Log Data: information that your browser automatically sends when using the Services. Log Data includes you Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, operating system, the date and time of your request, how you interacted with the Services, and how you interacted with email notifications.
- Information you generate when using the Services:You may provide Information as part of your use of the Services, including any information you provide when sending messages through the Services. Also, if you choose to share and collaborate on a task with your co-workers or friends, we will collect name and email address of your co-workers or friends.
Please make sure you have permission from your co-workers or friends before sharing Information referring to your co-workers or friends with us.
- Information regarding your use of the Services, such as app use information, interactions with our team, and transaction records.
Information received from third parties.
- Information we receive from third party platforms:when you register through a third party account (such as Google) or when you connect other apps to our Services, we receive Information which may include your username, email address.
Please note that when you purchase a paid Focus Calendar service “subscription”, your credit card data and Information is not transmitted to us and is not stored on our systems. All of Focus Calendar credit card processing is handled by our third-party payment Stripe. Upon purchase of a service Stripe may collect user’s e-mail address, phone number, billing address, phone number, credit card details and expiry date.
How we use your personal information?
We use your Information to:
- Provide you with the Services. We will use your Information to perform our contractual obligation towards you to allow you to create an account and use the Services. The Information we process when doing so includes your registration information, information you provide to us when using the Services, identifiers, information you generate when using the Services, and information regarding your use of the Services.
- Improve and monitor the Services. It is in our legitimate interests to improve our Services for our customers. When doing so, we may collect information we automatically collect or is generated about you when you use the Services, as well as non-personal information about your device such as device manufacturer, model and operating system, and the amount of free space on your device.
- Provide you with support as well as to send administrative information to you (e.g. information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies) and to respond to your requests or complaints. If you reach out to us for support, we will use your Information to respond to and resolve your queries and complaints and facilitate support (e.g. retrieval of a forgotten password). When doing so, we perform our contractual obligation towards you. The Information we process when doing so includes your registration information, your identifiers, and any other information about you collected via our customer support channels.
- Conduct analytics. It is in our legitimate interests to analyse the use of, and any other interaction or interest in our Services. When doing so we will process information we automatically collect or is generated about you when you use the Services to create anonymised and aggregated data regarding your App usage.
- Market our products and services or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities. Focus Calendar may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by following the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of each communication.
- Manage the security of our Services. We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our Services, networks and systems secure, to prevent spam, fraud, abuse, criminal activity, or misuses of our Services, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business. In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations.
- Conduct surveys. From time to time, we may ask you to participate in surveys we conduct which are in our legitimate interest because they help us understand our userbase and improve the Services. If you participate, we process your registration information and any other information collected through the survey questions.
- We do not distribute user information between other Focus Calendar users without the direct request or consent of the user.
Please note that the functionality of the application allows users to publicly display their first and last name, email, a list of slits free from meetings without access to the list of events.
Cookies are small files that are downloaded to the user's devise and help ensure the normal and safe functioning of the Services. They allow you to collect information about the products that users to the Services are interested in, and also take into account the navigation used when visiting. This is done to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the Service and to improve experience of the users.
We use the following cookies:
- Necessary cookies: some cookies are strictly necessary to make our Services available to you; for example, to perform your login functionality and for user authentication and security. We cannot provide you with the Services without this type of cookies.
- Functional cookies: these are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can disable cookies in your Internet browser. Also, the user can refuse to store cookies on his device by changing the appropriate browser settings.
Who we share your personal information with?
We share your Information with selected third parties, including:
- Other users of the Services who will see your profile information and any other information you choose to share with them through the Services.
Vendors and service providers we rely on for the provision of the Services, for example:
- Cloud service providers who we rely on for data storage, who are based in the U.S.;
- Customer support solution providers, who help us manage and respond to our customer questions and complaints. This includes Zendesk Inc., Intercom, which are based in the U.S. and which hosts our customer support function; and
- Analytics providers. We work with a number of analytics, segmentation and mobile measurement service providers who help us understand our userbase. This includes Amplitude Inc., which is based in the U.S.
- Communications platform providers, who help us manage and send newsletters to you in relation to the Services. This includes Mixpanel which is based in the U.S.
- Payment processors, such as Stripe. This payment processor is responsible for the processing of your Information, and may use your Information for their own purposes in accordance with their privacy policies. More information is available at https://stripe.com/gb/privacy for Stripe.
- Business Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and other assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other judicial bodies and organizations.As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
Where we store your information?
Your Information will be processed by our employees and service providers in the U.S. We take steps to ensure all transfers are protected by adequate safeguards, including the standard contractual clauses.
How long we store your information?
Your Information is kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes set out above. Generally, it is stored for as long as you are registered and using our Services, and then for up to 5 years from the date you stop using the Services, or promptly following a valid erasure request. Some information we collect will be stored for longer where we have an overriding legitimate interest to retain such information (for example, information on suspicious behaviour of certain users of our Services and transaction records).
When deleting Information, we will take measures to make the Information irrecoverable or irreproducible, and electronic files which contain Information will be deleted permanently.
How is your personal information secured?
Focus Calendar has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
Links to other websites
Services may contain links to other websites or services. Please note that these websites and services may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies of any third parties. You are encouraged to check the applicable policies before you use or submit any personal information to such websites or services.
What are your privacy rights?
You have the right to:
- Know how your personal information is used by Focus Calendar;
- Access, request and receive the personal information we have collected;
- Object to having your data shared;
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information. You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by Focus Calendar.
- Request to delete your personal information. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information. You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of personal information. You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you.
- Other rights under applicable data privacy laws, rules or regulations.
Your information is controlled by Focus Calendar Management Inc.. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to Focus Calendar Management Inc., 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, Delaware 19958, County of Sussex, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dispute resolution or filing a complaint
If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will post the updated Policy here and notify our users through the Services and/or newsletters. Please check this page frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.